09 August 2008

Quicktime Movie Player #2



- The Hours (Stephen Daldry, 2002). An old debt payed again with this film (btw I owned this film earlier already, but borrowed for a friend who forgot to give me back..). Anyways, a friend of mine advised and finally I've spent a time for it (114 mins.). It won't be my favourite, but - let's say - it is worth to watch. At least because of Kidman's nose. I felt a bit forced the multiple timeframe, but maybe this is because of my late watching (today we have far better examples for this narrative).

7/10





- Inside Man (Spike Lee, 2006). Is it summer or what? Another rewatched perfect movie - this time far within the 10 years "repetition limit". My memories agreed what the imdb says "it looked like the perfect bank robbery." It is, and it's more, just as the film is more than a perfect story. Spike Lee's storytelling gives two extra points for the otherwise very well written screenplay. A sequel is coming (screenplay again by Russell Gewirtz) - do I need to be happy? I hope I can.

9/10





- Superman II. (Richard Lester, 1980). During I was writing about the recent problems with the imdb here, I was searching for a perfect, reliable site which gives realistic evaluation about films. I found Metacritic.com, which site has its own best ever movie list (with its problems of missing titles). Lester's Superman 2 was listed on the surprising second position, so after my childhood's fainted memories I gave another chance for it (not to mention the superhero fever around TDK). Sorry to all the Superman-friends but this film is a mediocre try (3 more superman villains from the Krypton.). The only remarkable part from it was Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor. I see that I won't rewatch the whole series...

5/10