15 February 2008

Juno (2007)

This week is a rollercoaster...

First of all I need to admit: it's my fault. I'm the stupid one who wanted to watch this. But why? What I was predicted?
I know now why is so risky to have a hard day. After that you want to watch something easy, something entertaining. And then you decide it might be Juno. "Nominated for 4 Oscars, and another 30 wins and 19 nominations." Did I tell you how stupid I am?

Yes, I'm stupid to choose this, but I'm more sad: maybe It's time for laugh for you because I used to believe in the little stars on imdb. Ok, I realized that nowadays there is some overrating hype (actually the phenomenon would deserve another post...), but it's getting really disturbing and disappointing. It started for me with the other terrible - forced- notfunny - wannabe - independentlike - cultthirsty crap, yep, I'm talking about Little Miss Sunshine. Bah! Come on! That balloon is the 178th best movie ever, I mean EVER made according to the visitors of the imdb!!! And then coming this one, Juno: nr. 135th! Noooo! Mann's Heat and Fellini's 8 1/2 are far behind! Didn't mention Scarface...

Wake up people. Juno is not good, which means isn't funny (forced), isn't real (Ellen Page as Juno acts as we think is an Oscar-winning acting, but it has nothing to do with reality!!!), isn't well directed (lack of motivations, unlikely curves), won't be cultic ever (even if it wants to be so desperately with its alternative music and slasher movie references). It's just a mathematically measured and perfectly balanced efemer way of moviemaking. There is a cute child, a baby, some direct humour and a BIG emotional bomb: Are you sitting? Because this cute one is going to be pregnant!!! Only a lovely dog is missing...

Sorry, I feel I'm not convincing this time cos I'm just extremely disappointed. Not only in this certain movie but the audience's taste. To summarize all this: I'm stupid, sad and according to this later statement of mine, even naive.

2/10