03 June 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)


I suppose you know everything about Spielberg's movie and familiarized yourself with all the film critics' opinions on Indy's new adventures, so here are my subjective feedbacks, right after coming out from the screening in telegraphese way:

1. It is not the "same" anymore.
2. Ford is too old to be Indiana Jones.
3. I'm too old for this movie.
4. Spielberg made a movie for children. I definitely need to re-watch the previous Indiana Jones films to see who changed more: Spielberg or me?
5. I understand and salute the efforts to make some old fashined CGI to serve stylistic continuity with the earlier films, but it is just doesn't work for me.
6. Speilberg shouldn't continue the series (He claimed that the fans wanted to have another episode. We know he was thinking about the box offices. I regret that I encouraged him with my movie ticket). The Indy-hat fits only on Ford's head...
7. The jokes were weaker than ever. Or see point nr. 4.
8. The action scenes were ridicuously too much - reminded me on the Mummy-shit.
9. I was happy to hear mentioning Marcus Brody. I wasn't for seeing Marion.
10. 10? No, sorry, this is only 6. At highest. And two points is out of nostalgy.

It's really hard to accept, but I have to say the Crystal Skull is a strong disappointment. The same happened with the late continuation of the Star Wars-series. It was ok, I had to watch them, but the feeling, the atmosphere, the "whole thing" is just not the same anymore. You might say that my complaints hasn't righteous, and probably you have right: during the couple of passed years I changed, the films changed, even the cinemas changed. But if you want to continue something classic, something cult, then you have to calculate with these changings too. And at this point Spielberg definitely failed. He just made the same professional movie as before. I hope you understand - but what I really hope, that Spielberg will understand this.

6/10