29 November 2007

Inland Empire (2006)



Enough. I'm fed up. It makes me really sad how the people are thinking about the "new" David Lynch movie. If you believe that a film equals with the story, this won't be your favorite. I say more: you don't need to watch it. Especially you shouldn't write about it: You don't need to prove your narrowness. To accept my advice is your interest, really.
I have only one wish: Please accept it if somebody (Lynch) is thinking in a different way as you. You should have already recognized that Lynch is not a narrative storyteller. If he is (The Straight Story) then he makes it very lurid. The exception makes stronger the rule...

Here is my contribution to this shallow discussion. Only for Hungarian readers.

Analysis, but at least an article about the Inland Empire in the filmkultura.hu, CLICK!

(The mistake with the footnote isn't my fault.)

10/10